Held at: | Hereford Public Library |
Reference: | Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244 |
Source: | Transcript of Original Publication |
Title: | Olchon Barn: architecture, construction and history |
Place name: | Llanveynoe |
Date: | Up to 1700 |
Description:
(14) Olchon Barn, 530 yards E. of (13), has a basement under the S.W. end. It is of 17th-century date. The basement is of stone-rubble as is the rebuilt S.W. wall but the superstructure is of timber-framing partly covered with boarding and partly with interlacing slats. The barn itself is in four bays with roof trusses of tie-beam and strutted-rafter type. In the S.E. wall are two original windows of five and three lights respectively with diamond-shaped mullions, but the smaller window is now blocked.
Condition—Poor.
Observations:
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments
Ordnance Survey Map Reference and Index of Parish Properties
Ref: rs_llv_0029